Getting Started as a School Volunteer
Volunteering Check List: Please complete these tasks first.
- Volunteer Application
- Background check (WATCH) Screening Form
- Volunteer Handbook Pages 18 and 19: Safety and Liability Issues, Working with Children of Diverse Backgrounds, and Confidentiality
- Adult Sexual Misconduct Prevention – online course
Please note: While all volunteers must be screened through the background check (WATCH system). A criminal history does not automatically disqualify one from volunteering in the schools. Learn more about screening and criminal history background checks.
Also read the Volunteer Handbook
Additionally you may be required to one or more of the following:
- Get fingerprinted as a volunteer
- Overnight Chaperone Fingerprinting Application Form
- International Chaperone Guidelines
- Elementary Day field trip Chaperone Guidelines
- Secondary Day field trip Chaperone Guidelines
- Volunteer Driver Checklist
- Bring a copy of your driving record from Department of Licensing
For questions please contact the school office 206-252-4300.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities:
- ELL Night – Thursday, September 15th, 6:00-7:00pm
- Picture Day – Wednesday, October 5th
- Pizza Dinner / Open House – Thursday, October 13th, 6:00-7:30pm
Box Tops for Education: Our school participates in Campbell’s “Labels for Education” and General Mills “Box Tops for Education” programs. At 10 cents each, those little Box Top coupons add up fast! Please remember to clip the Label and Box Top coupons from the package, and drop them in the jar near the front office at school. Please contact me if you are interested in being the next coordinator for these “quiet” fundraisers. The coordinator is responsible for collecting the box tops and labels from the school, counts them, and mails them in to the respective company in order for our school to receive the funds.
PTA Potluck Setup: We are looking for volunteers to arrive 15 minutes early (5:45pm) to setup the cafeteria before PTA meeting potlucks.
Please help us track volunteer hours by signing in and logging your volunteer hours at the front desk!
Questions or to volunteer, please contact Stephanie Nash, PTA Volunteer Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org