Good evening Olympic Hills families,
As I mentioned last week, I may send more emails as we get closer to the start of school! I want to apologize my last email did not go out translated as it usually does. Please see below for updates (some new and some repeated):
- Family Information Sessions Wednesday 9/2: Administration will share start of school information about remote learning, schedules, technology, etc. with time for questions. Both sessions in English and Spanish.
- Class assignments are ready! Your child’s teacher will reach out to you by Wednesday.
- Strong Start Sept 4th-10th: Students have class 8:30-10:30 with two hours of independent work in the afternoon. Class will include social emotional learning, virtual routines, introduction to Microsoft Teams and Seesaw, literacy activities, and introductions to specialists such as art, music, and PE. Each family will have a Family Connection Meeting with their teacher during the week.
- Schedules will be posted on our website Wednesday.
- Device Distribution: If you are new and do not have a device for Strong Start, please let your child’s teacher know when they reach out to you tomorrow or Wednesday, and we will have some available this week. Laptops will be handed out to 3rd-5th graders September 9th. We anticipate iPads for PreK-2nd will be available in the next two weeks.
- Welcome Back Event September 9th: Please join us from 4pm-7pm for a socially-distanced opportunity to meet your teacher and pick up school supplies! Families will drive (or walk) by the cafeteria, and staff will greet and hand out supplies, including a bin, pencil pouch, pencils, crayons, white board, and white board markers.
- 4pm-5pm: PreK, K, 3rd
- 5pm-6pm: 1st, 4th
- 6pm-7pm: 2nd, 5th
- Contact Information:
- Office Staff Joyce Phitts (Office Manager) – email@example.com or Danielle Vaillancourt (Office Assistant) – firstname.lastname@example.org (help with start of school forms, enrollment, etc.)
- School Relations Assistant (Angeline Nguyen): support with food, housing, resources – email@example.com
- Bilingual Instructional Assistants
- Mr. Alberto Ramirez (Spanish Family School Advocate) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr. Carlos Vera (Spanish Bilingual IA) – email@example.com
- Mr. Gheb (Tigrinya Bilingual IA) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Shukri Wehelie (Somali Bilingual IA) – email@example.com
- Mr. David Littlejohn (Arabic Bilingual IA) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reach out with any questions or feedback!
Principal, Olympic Hills Elementary School
e: email@example.com | m: (206) 556-6296
Olympic Hills Elementary… Where Kids and Teachers Love to Learn and Grow