Hey OH Families! The first PTA meeting of the new school year is THIS THURSDAY, September 22, 6-7:30. In case you need a little convincing, here are the Top Five Reasons The PTA Meeting Is An Excellent Way To Spend Your Thursday Evening:
1. Adult conversation over dinner! Our PTA meetings kick off with potluck dinner from 6 to 6:30.
2. Wishing you knew a few other OH parents? At the first meeting EVERYONE is new. You’ll fit right in!
3. Overwhelmed by all the papers that came home the first week of school? Our first speaker is Acting Principal Stacy Crum who will give you the lowdown on everything Olympic Hills.
4. Overwhelmed by volunteer opportunities? We’ll make it all clear! We’ll have tables and information and people who can answer all your questions. Not ready? No pressure!
5. Did we mention childcare? WE PROVIDE FREE CHILDCARE. I mean, that’s all you really need to know right there.
Hope we see you there!
Join us for our last PTA meeting of the school year. Thursday June 16.
Stephen from Hunger Intervention Program (HIP) will present information for where to find free summer lunches for kids as well as information on how to volunteer.
We will wrap up business, discuss some plans for next year.
And present the Acorn Award.
We will finish out the evening with a cake and ice cream social.
6:00 Potluck dinner (please bring a main or side dish to share)
6:30-7:25 meeting/social Free Childcare provided.
Hope to see you there!
The first PTA general meeting will be next week on Sept. 24th. There will be a potluck dinner beginning at 6:00pm (bring a dish to share if you like), and the meeting will begin at 6:30pm. Childcare is provided.
It’s a great opportunity to learn more about the PTA, meet other parents and staff, and learn how we can work together to make OHE a great school for our students.
Please join us at the PTA meeting on Tuesday, December 2nd, 6:00PM-7:30PM. at Olympic Hills Elementary. All families, staff, and community members are welcome to attend. This month we will discuss upcoming events, such as our Pancake Breakfast on Saturday, December 6.
We will elect our nominating committee. If you have any interest in serving on this committee, please submit your name for consideration at the meeting.
We will hear about the library services available for kids and families from special guest Nancy Pew of the Lake City library.
We will also hear from our school counselor, Kathy Hanson about clothing donations and a partnership with Value Village.
Potluck dinner at 6, Please bring a side dish or main dish to share. Business meeting starts promptly at 6:30. Childcare provided. Spanish language interpreter also available.
The principal of the new Jane Addams Middle School (JAMS) is holding some community meetings to give an overview of the plans and progress towards opening JAMS for next school year.
While Paula was at our latest PTA meeting to discuss similar topics, this meeting will have more details and more opportunities for Q&A. So if you missed our PTA meeting or just want more details. This is the meeting.
When: Wednesday, December 18 6:30-8:00
Where: Jane Addams Library
- Overview of timeline , teacher hiring, and spring processes
- Review of facility work
- Q & A
- Opportunity for parents and community to give first input into the educational design
- Brief school tour
Tonight is our monthly PTA meeting in the school cafeteria: 6:00 potluck, 6:30 business meeting and 7:00 guest speaker Paula Montgomery, principal of the new Jane Addams Middle School (JAMS.)
Starting next year, the attendance area middle school for Olympic Hills families will be the new Jane Addams Middle School, a.k.a JAMS. This is a big change for many families who thought they may be going to Eckstein and an even bigger change for kids already in Eckstein who will be moved to JAMS.
At tonight’s meeting, come and hear about Paula’s vision for JAMS, status of hiring staff, status of plans for building remodel and bring any questions you may have.